Swimming lesson for children in San Francisco, CA
WHY SHOULD CHILDREN TAKE SWIM CLASSES?
Getting your kid into the pool and learning to swim at an early age gets them comfortable with water and teaches them a skill that can greatly improve their quality of life and safety. Some of the many benefits of teaching kids to swim include:
Improved safety: According to Safe Kids Worldwide, about 800 children drown in the U.S. every year. This can happen in pools, in natural bodies of water, or even at home. Teaching your kids to swim from an early age can help them stay safe around water by knowing how to breathe properly and stay afloat.
Enhanced strength and wellness: Swimming is a phenomenal way to exercise throughout life, offering high-intensity cardio without the high impact of some other sports. Regular swimming can help with weight loss or healthy weight maintenance, build muscle, and improve overall health and wellness.
Having fun: One of the main reasons for taking swim lessons is simply to have fun! Children love playing in the water, and swimming lessons give them the opportunity to expand their skill set and have fun playing in new ways.
WHAT DO CHILDREN LEARN IN SWIM CLASSES?
Swim lessons for kids and toddlers cover a wide range of skills, starting with the basics of breathing and continuing on to competitive strokes and dives. All our classes are 30 minutes long, once per week, with low student to teacher ratios so you know you’re getting personalized, hands-on instruction.
WHEN SHOULD CHILDREN START SWIM LESSONS?
While some parents may feel nervous about putting their kids in a pool at a young age, starting swim lessons early on can keep your child safer around water and give them a head start when it comes to learning how to swim. A 2009 study found that participation in formal swimming lessons was associated with an 88 percent reduction in the risk of drowning in children ages one to four.
At La Petite Baleen Swim Schools in the Bay Area, we offer swim lessons for children as young as two months old. In these classes, a caretaker and baby both participate, getting comfortable in the water and learning about water safety. But if your child hasn’t already started lessons, don’t worry. We work with kids of all ages on introductory skills and water safety, helping them learn how to make the most of their swimming experience. Check out our class finder tool to learn which level is right for your child.
WHY CHOOSE LA PETITE BALEEN SWIM SCHOOL?
At La Petite Baleen, we have children’s swimming lessons designed for all ages and levels, tailoring our instruction specifically to your kid’s needs. From Baby and Me intro classes for infants to our Level 5 classes covering skills like Butterfly and racing dives, we have swimming lessons that will meet your child where they’re at. We have four locations throughout the Bay Area and have bilingual instructors on staff who can teach in Spanish or English.
Contact La Petite Baleen today to get more information or to schedule your child’s swim lesson at one of our convenient locations by calling (844) 339-5015.
SOME OF THE CLASSES WE OFFER FOR TODDLERS AND KIDS INCLUDE:
Toddler and Me (ages 14-36 months): This 30-minute, once-a-week class covers the basics of breath control, balance, and buoyancy, as well as propulsion through kicking and paddling. We also cover safety skills like back floats, climbing out at the wall, and underwater submersions.
Levels 1-5 (ages 3-5, 6-10, teen, adult): These classes cover a wide range of skills, starting with the basics of getting comfortable in the water in Level 1. Level 2 progresses to front and back skills, including rhythmic breathing, floating, and weaning off fins. Levels 3 and 4 then start introducing endurance skills and technical skills, including blended breathing, underwater swimming, strokes, and dives.
Level 5 (ages 3-5, 6-10, teen, adult): Our highest-level class, goes deeper into technical strokes, including competitive Breaststroke and Butterfly, Underwater Dolphin Kicks, and Racing Dives.
Check out all of our swim classes to learn more about our various levels and find out which one might be right for your child.
At La Petite Baleen Swim Schools, we offer swimming lessons for people of all ages in the San Francisco Bay Area. Starting as infants and toddlers up to our teen swimming lessons and adult classes, there’s never a wrong time to get comfortable in our AQUATIC CLASSROOMSM and learn how to swim. For our children’s swimming lessons, we have the perfect program to get your toddlers and kids off to a great start when it comes to learning how to swim and staying safe in the water. We offer a full range of children’s swim lessons in the San Francisco Bay Area, including infant, toddler, teen, and adult lessons. We’ll work with you to find the right level for your child and get them swimming in no time. Call us today to schedule your first lesson!
What Are The Benefits of Swimming Classes?
There are so many benefits to signing your child up for our top-quality swimming classes. Not only will they learn basic swimming skills, but they will learn about water safety and how to reduce the risk of drowning. Some parents are hesitant to sign their children up for swimming lessons at a young age, but research shows us time and time again that participation in formal swimming lessons is associated with an 88 percent decrease in the risk of drowning in children ages one to four. Our swim teachers provide a safe, fun environment for their swimmers and regularly stress the importance of water safety throughout the lessons. Some of the benefits to your child taking swimming lessons include:
- Improved Safety – According to Safe Kids Worldwide, about 800 children drown in the United States every year. This can happen in pools, natural bodies of water, or even at home. Teaching your kids to swim from an early age can help them stay safe around water by knowing how to breathe properly and stay afloat.
- Enhanced Strength & Wellness – Swimming is a phenomenal way to exercise throughout life because it offers high-intensity cardio without the high impact of some other sports. Regular swimming can help with weight loss or healthy weight maintenance, build muscle, and improve your overall health and wellness. It’s important for kids to stay active during this key developmental time in their lives.
- Having Fun – One of the best reasons to take swim lessons is to simply have fun! Children love playing in the water, and swimming lessons give them the opportunity to expand their skill set and have fun while playing in new ways.
- Learning Swimming Basics – Your child will learn some of the swimming basics in our beginner classes (Levels 1 & 2), including UP-FACESSM, balance, and buoyancy, as well as kicking and paddling. We also cover safety skills like back floats, climbing out at the wall, and underwater submersions.
- Learning Advanced Swimming Skills – Some of the more advanced swimming skills we teach include front and back skills, rhythmic breathing, floating, and weaning off fins. Levels 3 and 4 classes then start introducing endurance and technical skills, including blended breathing, underwater swimming, strokes, and dives.
- Learning Swimming Strokes – Our Level 5 swimming classes for children, teens, and adults goes deeper into technical strokes, including competitive breaststroke and butterfly, underwater WIGGLE-BUTTSSM (aka dolphin kicks), and racing dives.
Why Parents Choose Us
La Petite Baleen has been providing swim lessons in the San Francisco, CA area for more than 40 years. Teaching all ages from infants to children and even adults, we are committed to providing a fun and safe AQUATIC CLASSROOMSM for all our swimmers. Whether your child already knows how to swim or isn’t comfortable with the water yet, they will love gaining independence as they learn new water skills with their swim teachers. Our CPR and First Aid-Certified swimming teachers are highly trained in the La Petite Baleen method of teaching swimming and look forward to instructing new students. Contact us today if you’re interested in learning more about our children’s swim lessons!Sign Up Tuition